Test Automation Engineer
AppyParking is one of the UK’s most innovative early-stage technology companies, and is developing the world’s first generation Smart City Platform to connect autonomous vehicles, smart cities and consumers. The company is already at revenue generation stage and customers include some of the largest car manufacturers, many UK cities, and a global payment provider with further interest growing around the world. AppyParking is backed by leading investors and begins 2019 with a multi million pound revenue pipeline.
We’ve won several prestigious awards including Disrupt 100 (World's 15th most disruptive company), Best IoT investment (One-to-watch) Cisco/UK Angel Awards, Virgin Business Pitch to Rich 2015, 2nd Place Start Up Awards 2015 (runner-up to Uber) and Grand Prize Winner of Ford’s Traffic Tamer Challenge 2014.
We are building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
What we need
So what is a Test Automation Engineer at AppyParking? A team player? Autonomous? A rock-star? A self-starter? Yes (but all JDs say that right?). But you are also adaptable, dependable, sociable. At your heart you are a passionate problem solver, an engineer. You like “sleeves rolled up headphones on don’t talk to me I’m in the zone ok i’m done where’s the pub” you are that kind of animal. You know that sometimes it’s a one-person problem and sometimes it’s a team one - you’ll play different roles in different times.
What you would do
Primarily this role is about building quality into our products from the outset. Very-much a hands-on role implementing behavioural tests into our latest products and building a scalable process to ensure we push out quality products First Time Right. We have some legacy systems sure, but this is not really about them, it's more about the new. We are building ground-breaking solutions to help us manage the kerbside and to put that resultant data in the hands of the consumer - the driver. AppyParking are at the fore-front of this movement and this role will help us in our quest to be the best there is. The role works closely with our Mapping, Product and Development teams in the creation of test scenarios, development and execution of test cases, analysis of test results, detection and documentation of defects, and validation of bug fixes.
What will you bring
- Some experience in test automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Jest/Pupeteer
- Creating and executing manual and automated tests
- A thorough understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Validating that deliverables meet functional and design specifications
- Ability to work in a team-focused environment across multiple projects
- Experience in the evaluation, selection and implementation of tooling to support the QAprocesses.
- Real time data analysis, and a strong desire to work with cutting edge technologies
- The ability to form detailed test plans and cases whilst having an obsession for quality and anamazing eye for detailWhat you will have
- Around 3 years’ experience in a quality assurance role, preferably within a SME
- Previous knowledge of cloud-based solutions (PaaS, SaaS, MaaS, DaaS)
- A background working with both the private and public sector would be advantageous
AppyParking work hard to create an inclusive environment to be a part of. A culturally diverse workspace, but all sharing the same eye-on-the-prize mentality. but on top of that:
● Generous Salary - no-one works for free right?
● Pension - we all get old. look at the CTO - we didn't know numbers went up that high!
● Perkbox - free stuff/cheap stuff/discounted stuff - what's not to like?
● Ability to work from home - it's where the heart is.
● A very cool office in Farringdon - exposed brick, glass, sofas, sideboards (like the 70's)
● Share options - If AppyParking does well, so do we all!
● Biscuits, lots of biscuits - (and fruit) but who doesn't like the odd biscuit?
To apply for this role, please send us an email at [email protected] with a CV, a covering message explaining why you believe you are suited to this role, and details of your current salary.