Business Development Manager - Data
AppyParking is the UK’s most innovative Mobility as a Service (MaaS) company and is delivering the world’s first generation Smart City Platform to connect autonomous vehicles, smart cities and consumers. Revenue is growing year on year, and customers include car manufacturers, UK cities, and global payment providers. The company will shortly close a significant Series A round and is backed by leading mobility investors Aviva Ventures, Breed Reply Investments Ltd and West Hill Capital. We begin 2019 with numerous high profile SaaS and DaaS projects with a multi-million pound revenue pipeline.
We are now looking for an exceptionally talented, ambitious and driven Business Development Manager to lead on sales for AppyParking’s private sector, data hub.
- Part of a highly driven sales team striving to achieve individual and team targets.
- Involves lead generation through different channels such as cold-calling, networking at events.
- Upselling and building on existing relationships and opportunities.
- A consultative approach to selling, understanding client requirements and adapting the solution to meet those needs.
- Understand the wider cloud-service software technology sales process.
- Convey the value of data to clients and deliver commercial opportunities through integration with other Geospatial systems.
- Work closely with clients, to provide information needed at the various steps of procurement, to ultimately close sales.
- Contribute to bid management submissions, i.e., RfQs and ITTs.
- Market and competitor analysis, to understand AppyParking’s software and data USPs.
- Regular reporting to management on targets, achievements, campaigns and other KPIs.
- Travelling to clients for on-site meetings, demonstrations and events.
- Keeping up to date with the changing technology and mobility ecosystem including automotive and smart city markets
- You are highly ambitious, driven and have built up a network of clients within the private sector (e.g. OEM’s, Operators, Consumer products).
- You will have at least 4 years’ experience delivering sales to clients in mobility, automotive or consumer products.
- You will have a proven track record of relentless pipeline building, by actively hunting new leads through research, events, conferences and networking.
- You will have technical confidence to carry out demonstrations at meetings and events.
- You will have confidence in switching between sales styles i.e., cold calling, lead generation, business development and consulting.
- You will have the ability to generate quotations and detailed proposals to clients.
- You will have demonstrable experience developing sales toolkits including pitch decks, case studies, sales scripts and demo kits.
- You will have experience in producing weekly and monthly reports including forecasting and KPI’s and presenting these to the management team.
- You will have experience in maintaining comprehensive pipeline detail in a CRM system such as Salesforce.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, organisational and communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity, honesty and humility is essential. Those with big ego’s need not apply.
- Starting salary: £35,000 to £45,000 DOE
- OTE £65,000 uncapped
- Equity: Generous share options package
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years.
- Pension: 2% Company contributory.
- Perkbox: Offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, events and mobile insurance.
- A cool London office with a beer & wine fridge