Vice President of Sales
AppyParking the UK’s most innovative Mobility as a Service (MaaS) company and is delivering the world’s first generation Smart City Platform to connect autonomous vehicles, smart cities and consumers. Revenue is growing year on year, and customers include car manufacturers, UK cities, and global payment providers. The company recently closed a £5.5m Series A round and is backed by leading mobility investors Aviva Ventures, Breed Reply Investments Ltd and West Hill Capital. We begin 2019 with numerous high profile SaaS and DaaS projects with a multi-million pound revenue pipeline.
We are now looking for an exceptionally talented, ambitious and driven Vice President of Sales to deliver rapid customer acquisition and multi-faceted revenue growth to support our global expansion.
- To own sales, and create the world’s most effective Mobility-as-a Service sales function.
- Spearhead all revenue generating activities and drive the company’s transition from an early stage company to a high-growth global mobility leader, whilst delivering year-on-year growth by smashing annual targets.
- Manage Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Head of Mobility, Regional Directors and Business Analysts to deliver growing multi-million pound revenues from the public and private sectors.
- Lead by example whilst directly managing and closing deals with top customer accounts exceeding your personal quarterly revenue targets.
- Hire, structure and nurture a sales team to ensure they become recognised leaders and the most respected closers in the MaaS market.
- Work with the marketing team to establish a highly functional sales and marketing partnership, that successfully generates leads, shortens the sales cycle and ramps up awareness across all channel and partner programs.
- Identify and close partnerships with global mobility infrastructure service providers across the UK and Europe.
- Complete comprehensive market mapping for each product in order to develop a clear go to market strategy for each product group leading to month on month revenue growth.
- Contribute to AppyParking’s thought leadership programme including input to green and white papers to generate inbound opportunities.
- Become an industry influencer through networking, speaking engagements and events.
- Define optimal Salesforce structure across lead, pipeline, forecast and sales management providing detailed analysis of all sales activity.
- Create a highly motivational incentive programme that drives the sales team to exceed quarterly targets, and that aligns with the company’s revenue and profitability targets.
- Provide detailed accurate monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Keeping up to date with the changing mobility eco system.
- Continually improve the sales team, systems, processes and materials to drive month on month growth.
- You are highly ambitious, driven and have built companies through revenue generation.
- You will have extensive experience of selling into UK public sector service providers and councils including the likes of Egis, NSL, Capita, Atkins, APCOA, Indigo, Vinci etc.
- You are highly motivated by a career defining role in a venture-backed company looking to revolutionise an entire industry.
- You will have 10 – 15 years’ experience in complex solution sales in matrix organisations, of which at least 5 years directly selling software, services, payments or related products into the private and public sector markets, through direct sales and partnership networks.
- You will have extensive experience of selling into UK public sector service providers and councils and have a full understanding of their procurement processes.
- You will have demonstrable experience in team development, new business development, coaching, KPI management, pricing models, CRM, sales process, and go to market strategies.
- You are currently a Sales Director or VP of Sales looking for your next big challenge of building a company from early stage to respected global market leader.
- You will have carried a number and will have smashed targets with an impressive catalogue of deals that you have personally closed by selling into C-Level.
- You will have the ability to think strategically and tactically in a new market, with a proven track record of execution.
- You have extensive experience in working in an early-stage growth company and exude the focused determination to succeed in a dynamic fast-paced organisation.
- You will have detailed experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM and using it to drive results.
- You will be comfortable travelling up to 50% of your time across the UK, Europe and possibly USA as needed.
- You are well versed in working with the CEO, senior management team and reporting to the board and investors.
- You will have excellent analytic, problem-solving, organisational and communication skills.
- You will have a high degree of integrity, honesty and humility. Those with big ego’s need not apply.
- Starting salary: £90,000
- Annual OTE bonus: uncapped commission
- Equity: Generous share options package
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years.
- Pension: 2% Company contributory.
- Perkbox: Offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, events and mobile insurance.
- An Uber cool London office with a beer & wine fridge