Mid Level Legal Associate
AppyParking is one of the UK’s most innovative early-stage Mobility as a Service (MaaS) companies and is developing the world’s first generation Smart City Parking Platform to connect autonomous vehicles, smart cities and consumers. The company is generating revenue and customers include the world’s largest car manufacturer, UK cities, and global payment providers with interest growing around the world. AppyParking is backed by leading investors including Aviva Ventures and has just completed a substantial Series A funding round. The funding will accelerate product development, team growth and further expansion across the UK, USA, Europe and Asia.
Following significant uptake in demand for products and services, together with a rapidly growing team and expansion into new territories the company is now seeking to appoint its first full time lawyer to help manage a wide variety of legal matters and documents. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and supported by a top tier London based legal firm your responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Local government contracts - draft new commercial agreements for the supply of products and services to a range of government bodies and local authorities across all products groups including, Data, Analytics, Payments and Mapping.
- Technology company contracts - draft new commercial agreements for the supply of products and services to connected and autonomous vehicle manufacturers, telematics, navigation and mapping companies across all products groups and all territories.
- Supplier and partnership agreements – review terms and support the COO in negotiating the best terms possible with all suppliers.
- Support the sales team in reviewing government tender documents and making suggested improvements.
- Support the management team in negotiation of all contracts and agreements.
- Build a strong working relationship with nominated external law firm and consult on specific items using their specialist commercial, risk, tax, employment and intellectual property experts where appropriate.
- Review and manage all new employee, contractor, NDA and consultancy agreements.
- Support the COO managing legal aspects relating to employee share option agreements, employment contracts.
- Draft board and shareholder resolutions and minutes as required and manage sign off.
- Support the COO in legal matters related to operating and expanding overseas.
- Support the CEO, CFO and COO during investment activities including Series B fund-raising activities.
Intellectual Property & Data Compliance
- Manage all legal aspects of the intellectual property portfolio including trade mark registration, patent development and filing process working closely with the nominated external law firm.
- Manage and regularly review all terms and conditions in the context of GDPR and modify and maintain as appropriate.
- Manage and keep up to date all user terms and conditions across all product platforms.
- 2-3 years PQE in a technology/data/IP-driven law firm or fast growing SME or corporation.
- Driven to succeed and keen to be part of a team disrupting an exciting emerging market.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Very well organised and thorough.
- Starting salary: £55,000 - £65,000 DOE
- Equity: Share Options after 6 months of employment
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years
- Pension: 2% company contributory
- Perkbox & Hello Perks accounts, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership, mobile phone insurance and half price cinema tickets
To apply for this role, please send us an email at [email protected] with a CV, a covering message explaining why you believe you are suited to this role, and details of your current salary.
No agencies please.