Who we are
AppyParking is on a mission to make parking a truly forgettable experience. We understand how fragmented infrastructures and stand-alone solutions cause stress and hassle for the most mundane of daily tasks, like finding and paying for a parking space. We know there’s a better way of doing things and so we’re building innovative and future-ready solutions from the bottom up, to improve the way parking is accessed and managed.
Our holistic kerbside management platform provides a ‘future of mobility’ conduit between the private and public sector, ensuring standardised kerbside data can flow between local authorities and mobility operators, unlocking the barriers that hinder the adoption of intelligent mobility solutions and ultimately make the kerb work for everyone, physically, socially and commercially.
AppyParking is backed by a number of leading investors including Hyundai Motors and Sumitomo Corporation, and recently closed a significant £7.6 million Series A funding round.
We’ve won several prestigious awards over the years including more recently Best Transportation-as-a-Service Project Award from the TaaS Technology Conference as well as being ranked as a top 50 disruptive UK company in the 2019 Disruption 50 Index.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
What we need
- Continually manage various Data, Analytics, Mapping and Payments projects from scoping through to Go-Live and execute to the highest standards to ensure the company meets its annual revenue targets
- Ensure exceptional customer service at all times to maintain top quality reputation in the marketplace, as well as maintaining the highest levels of customer retention
What you will do
- Reporting to the Professional Services Director you will be managing multiple hardware and software projects from pre-sales to support delivery into local authorities
- Act as the go between for all stakeholders (including external clients and internal teams such as Sales, Product and Development) throughout the full project lifecycle
- Manage supply chain including stock and sensor inventory
- Work alongside the Sales team to provide pre-sales technical and project consultancy to help win new projects and provide input into the Go/No Go decision making process. This also includes contributing towards the tender completion and sales proposal process
- Manage risk and issue management including the identification and documentation of key project risks and defining mitigations to prevent them from becoming realised
- Manage customer requirements and change requests to ensure the timely delivery of projects within budget
- Create and manage technical project plans including scoping documents, timelines, schedules, risk and issue registers and action trackers
- Partner closely with the Product and Development teams to ensure cross team alignment on communication to ensure everyone is working towards a common goal
- Collate feedback and inform the business on product enhancements suggested by customers
- Manage project post mortems both internally and with our customers to establish best practices whilst continuously improving processes so that each project becomes more efficient than the last
- Develop, implement and monitor key performance indicators across all aspects of the project management function as well as managing all documents, system and processes.
- Work with customers to manage the integration of our data and APIs into their mobile, telematics, navigation or in-car devices and systems
What you will have
- A solid background working in the private sector delivering projects to the public sector
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in a Project Management role, preferably within a SME
- Previous experience managing Data, Analytics, Mapping and/or Payments systems projects
- Knowledge of software release processes to ensure quality, working directly with product managers across different sectors
- Previous experience of software integration to third party programs including ticketing barrier, Payment Service Providers and enforcement systems.
- Experience of directly managing third party technology providers
- Technical acumen and the ability to understand complex topics
- Commercial acumen - in order to both control budget and interpret conditions for change control from the project scope
- Previous experience working with the likes of NSL, Capita, Atkins, Conduent, WSP etc.
- Previous experience using Aha!, Confluence, JIRA
- A formal project management qualification such as PRINCE2, PMP or Six Sigma
- Starting salary: £45,000-£55,000 DOE
- Equity: Share Options after 6 months of employment
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years
- Pension: 2% company contributory
- Perkbox account including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership, mobile phone insurance and half price cinema tickets
No agencies please.