Product Marketing Manager
Who we are
AppyParking is on a mission to make parking a truly forgettable experience. We understand how fragmented infrastructures and stand-alone solutions cause stress and hassle for the most mundane of daily tasks, like finding and paying for a parking space. We know there’s a better way of doing things and so we’re building innovative and future-ready solutions from the bottom up, to improve the way parking is accessed and managed.
Our holistic kerbside management platform provides a ‘future of mobility’ conduit between the private and public sector, ensuring standardised kerbside data can flow between local authorities and mobility operators, unlocking the barriers that hinder the adoption of intelligent mobility solutions and ultimately make the kerb work for everyone, physically, socially and commercially.
AppyParking is backed by a number of leading investors including Hyundai Motors and Sumitomo Corporation, and recently closed a significant £7.6 million Series A funding round.
We’ve won several prestigious awards over the years including more recently Best Transportation-as-a-Service Project Award from the TaaS Technology Conference as well as being ranked as a top 50 disruptive UK company in the 2019 Disruption 50 Index.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
What we need
- Oversee the development of products, define product marketing and sales strategies and to research and report on market developments and opportunities.
- Responsible for researching, defining and guiding the development of products and propositions, you will feed into the business strategy behind a product and educate the business on the potential and quantify the opportunity for the proposition. You will be adept at identifying and analysing competition, assessing market drivers and in ensuring that the right go to market strategy is delivered. Your input will drive developments, launches, campaigns and sales activities and ensure that they address the right markets, needs and opportunities.
- You will have demonstrable experience which evidences: monitoring market movements, changes and current trending products, assessing and quantifying business potential of roadmap developments, influencing pricing and positioning, guiding sales teams, working with marketing teams to develop messaging and market positioning and taking part in presentations and events as required.
What you would do
- Deliver market research to ensure that the business is focussed on developing successful products and features
- Specify functional requirements needed to generate growth and feed into the product development teams
- Devise commercial frameworks to maximise the opportunity potential of products and use market research data to establish commercial models. Work closely with finance to determine the most profitable course for each existing and new product
- Be the ‘voice of the future customer’, researching customer needs and experience
- Build on product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and work with marketing to develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Brief the business about new product/feature initiatives and their business rationale to deliver growth
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through usage analysis, interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Agree timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management and engineering teams in line with market opportunities
- Research competitor offerings
- Identify partners and networks needed to grow market penetration
What you will have
- Flexibility and creativity: an entrepreneurial can-do outlook and the drive to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced mature start-up environment
- Collaborative skills: you will collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering teams, product management, marketing and senior executives
- Research skills: gaining insight into customer needs and experiences and finding valuable sources for market intelligence. Analysis of data, surveys and customer insight will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques
- Degree educated, min 2:1. Marketing or business studies ideally
- Minimum three years experience in product marketing or product management in SaaS, MaaS or Daas technology businesses
- An understanding of smart city technologies, parking management and systems, IOT and/or the mobility/automotive sector would be advantageous
- Experience of targeting public sector and central and local government in particular
- Experience of targeting OEM automotive, fleets and suppliers to fleet would be advantageous
What you would get
AppyParking work hard to create an inclusive environment to be a part of. A culturally diverse workspace, but all sharing the same eye-on-the-prize mentality. On top of that:
- Salary - £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
- Share options - If AppyParking does well, so do we all!
- Pension - we all get old!
- Perkbox - free stuff/cheap stuff/discounted stuff - what's not to like?
- A very cool office in Farringdon - exposed brick, glass, sofas, sideboards (like the 70's)
- Biscuits, lots of biscuits - (and fruit) but who doesn't like the odd biscuit?
- A well stocked beer and wine fridge.
To apply for this role, please send us an email at [email protected] with a CV, a covering message explaining why you believe you are suited to this role, and details of your current salary.
No agencies please.