Who we are
AppyParking is on a mission to make parking a truly forgettable experience. We understand how fragmented infrastructures and stand-alone solutions cause stress and hassle for the most mundane of daily tasks, like finding and paying for a parking space. We know there’s a better way of doing things and so we’re building innovative and future-ready solutions from the bottom up, to improve the way parking is accessed and managed.
Our holistic kerbside management platform provides a ‘future of mobility’ conduit between the private and public sector, ensuring standardised kerbside data can flow between local authorities and mobility operators, unlocking the barriers that hinder the adoption of intelligent mobility solutions and ultimately make the kerb work for everyone, physically, socially and commercially.
AppyParking is backed by a number of leading investors including Hyundai Motors and Sumitomo Corporation, and recently closed a significant £7.6 million Series A funding round.
We’ve won several prestigious awards over the years including more recently Best Transportation-as-a-Service Project Award from the TaaS Technology Conference as well as being ranked as a top 50 disruptive UK company in the 2019 Disruption 50 Index.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
What we need
- Reporting to the Head of Operations you will provide vital operational and administrative support to aid our continued growth
- We’re after an operations superhero who can deliver operational excellence across the business. The nature of the role means work is extremely varied and is ideally suited to a candidate with a flexible approach, excellent prioritisation, communication and time management skills, with a high level of competency with IT software.
What you would do
- Own the recruitment process in partnership with our other Operations Associate to ensure candidate applications are reviewed promptly, whilst providing a seamless process throughout their hiring journey.
- Create onboarding plans for new employees so they have a detailed and concise induction to set them up for success
- Ensure new starters are ready to go from day one by making sure their accounts are setup, their equipment has been ordered, they have building access etc.
- Manage all travel bookings, including at times complex international hotel, flight and train bookings
- Provide a warm welcome for all visitors to the office as well as helping setup any meetings planned for external guests
- Help manage our new office to ensure we’re fully stocked and constantly looking our best for both the team and for visitors
- Help prepare our Monthly Team Meetings including content, refreshments and room bookings
- Manage the calendar for our internal meeting rooms to ensure they’re utilised effectively
- Be a key part of our Social Committee to help organise and take the lead on regular team activities and events
- Order new company equipment and office supplies
What you will have
The successful candidate is likely to have a genuine interest in helping a company grow by starting in a generalist role and growing into more senior roles as the company continues to expand.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a broad operational role
- Previous experience in staffing operations would be hugely beneficial
- A strong background in managing travel bookings and platforms
- A highly detail-oriented person with a proven track record of going above and beyond
- Know when to obsess over detail as well as when to be pragmatic and crack on
- A self-starter and can work towards a goal without much support
- A ‘get things done’ sort of person
- Excellent at prioritisation with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Willing to get your hands dirty and provide support across the business
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with both internal and external partners
- Fantastic organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- A keen interest in the world of connected car and autonomous technology is a plus
What you would get
AppyParking work hard to create an inclusive environment to be a part of. A culturally diverse workspace, but all sharing the same eye-on-the-prize mentality. On top of that:
- Salary - £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Share options - If AppyParking does well, so do we all!
- Pension - we all get old!
- Perkbox - free stuff/cheap stuff/discounted stuff - what's not to like?
- A very cool office in Farringdon - exposed brick, glass, sofas, sideboards (like the 70's)
- Biscuits, lots of biscuits - (and fruit) but who doesn't like the odd biscuit?
- A well stocked beer and wine fridge.
To apply for this role, please send us an email at [email protected] with a CV, a covering message explaining why you believe you are suited to this role, and details of your current salary.
No agencies please.